Saturday 10 September 2016

5 Current Favourites From The Drugstore


Finding hidden jewels in the Drugstore is one of my favourite things to do! I am a strong believer that the price of a product isn't everything and you can almost certainly find products that are ten times better than expensive, high end products. I've chosen 5 of my current drugstore favourites to talk to you about today.

MUA Strobe & glow Highlight kit - An absolute gem! I picked this up a while back having heard nothing about it! I was simply drawn in by the beautiful packaging and I am very glad that I picked it up to try. The product consists of a powder and a cream highlight. I like to use the powder underneath my eyes to set my concealer and I use the cream highlight on the tops of my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, the inner corners of my eyes and my cupids bow for a dramatic glow! If you like your highlight to REALLY stand out then you need to add this to your collection. It's probably the strongest/most pigmented highlighter I've ever used! 

L'Oreal nude Magique Cushion Foundation - Again, the packaging is incredible and thankfully, so is the foundation inside! When cushion foundations first came about, I was slightly hesitant considering I like my foundation to have a decent amount of coverage however I love this foundation and it is super lightweight. You can't feel it on your skin at all and I really love the process of applying it. It's been a great foundation choice for me over the summer months when I want 'natural' make-up days and I would highly recommend this to anybody that is after that little bit of coverage and a lovely dewy glow. 

Soap & Glory Supercat Skinny Liner - I promise, I will shut up about this eyeliner one day (maybe)! I just love it so much and it is pretty much the only eyeliner I ever use these days. It glides on so easily and lasts all day long. It's amazingly simple to use and I always suggest this eyeliner to anyone who usually struggles. 

Seventeen Easy On The Eye Palette 'Birthday Suit' - Ever since I got my hair re-styled, I've been obsessed with pink/lilac toned make-up so this palette is one that I've been reaching for quite a lot. The shadows are pigmented and blend so easily; they are a dream to work with. A palette that is extremely affordable and versatile. There are a mixture of matte, shimmery and cream shades in the palette, all of which look lovely on the eyes. It's actually pretty unusual to find cream eyeshadows in a drugstore palette, but I love it . 

KIKO Everlasting Colour Precision Lip Pencil 403 - This gorgeous nude lip pencil is incredible! I love trying out new lip pencils however I am often disappointed. This one somehow reminds me of the Rimmel lip liners which are a firm favourite of mine! It glides on perfectly and literally does not budge, all day or night! 

I hope this post was helpful to some of you reading! Let me know in the comments what your current favourite drugstore products are! 


1 comment:

  1. I really need to try some Seventeen makeup! And that eyeliner is by far my favourite! However, I really didn't get on well with the MUA Stobe & Glow Kit :(

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete