Ive been wanting to do some baking for a really long time now but I've been waiting until I had some time on my hands. It's now the Easter Holidays for me and I'm not feeling 100% so decided to have a day in and do some baking.
I used the recipe from Tanya Burr's book, Love Tanya, but I'll write up the ingredients and recipe incase you don't have the book (but you really should!)
To make these delicious cookies you will need:
300g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
275g Self- Raising Flour
75g Cocoa Powder
A little bit of milk
As much chocolate as you want! I used a big bar of Milkway, and 4 small bars of Dairy Milk.
* Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (or maybe a little bit cooler as this was too high for my oven and I burnt my first batch of cookies, oops).
* Mix together your butter and sugar until it forms a smoothish paste
* Crack your egg and add it in, then add the rest of your dry ingredients (flour & cocoa powder) bit by bit
* You will need to add little drops of milk too as the consistency is super thick and is very hard to mix
* Once it's all mixed in, add in your broken chocolate chunks
* Now, your hands are going to get super messy! Separate your mixture into small balls (you will probably make around 16) and place them onto a lined baking tray
* Put the trays into the oven 1 at a time and bake for roughly 10 minutes. Be careful and keep checking on your cookies as mine burnt very quickly!
* The cookies may not look like they're properly cooked once they come straight out of the oven, but they will harden up as they cool
* Leave them for cool for a while and then enjoy!!
Lots of love x