Tuesday 20 March 2018

ASOS SLAMMED OVER 'DANGEROUS' SIZE 2 CLOTHING | MY OPINION


I was scrolling through my Twitter feed this morning whilst sipping a coffee after a workout at the gym when I came across this post. I have a very strong opinion when it comes to 'size shaming' people and judging weight and this article is quite frankly vile. 

Liberal Democrat MP Norman Lamb states that 'stocking clothes in such small sizes is dangerous'. He says it is 'totally irresponsible behaviour from ASOS'. 

A Twitter user says 'ASOS shame on you for stocking size 2 clothes I will no longer be shopping at your store in protest.' 

I just think this is utterly ridiculous and I feel extremely disgusted that people think it's okay to 'size shame' petite people...like me. I am actually often a size 2 on ASOS and I'm extremely healthy and no, I don't have an eating disorder nor am I underweight. Comparing a petite girl to a 'six-year old child' goes against all equality rights and I think it's so unfair that people think it's okay. 

I completely understand that for some body types/shapes a size 2 would be considered as unhealthy and probably underweight, however for someone like me who is just under 5ft tall, I am a perfectly healthy weight and why shouldn't I be able to buy clothes from ASOS or any other brand for that matter? Just because I'm petite and have a small waist, am I not supposed to have access to the same clothes as everyone else? 

Diversity is huge these days and that's something everyone needs to remember. I think brands should offer there clothes in as many sizes possible...after all, you don't hear people complaining when extremely large sizes are available? How is that fair? 'Fat shaming' is seen as an awful thing and is never acceptable, so why is 'skinny shaming' okay?  Everyone comes in different shapes and sizes and all that should matter at the end of the day is your health. If you're happy and healthy at the weight you are and you're not at a dangerous weight for your height/ body type etc, then who cares what number is written on the label inside your clothes! 

Emily Rose 

10 comments:

  1. You bloody go gal this is so right, they just think about supermodel lifestyle when they think about smaller sizes and it’s not the case

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you Emily!
    I think it's quite insulting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I hope that eventually the fashion industry will be enlightened enough to simultaneously avoid promoting all eating disorders and refrain from body-shaming of any kind.

    P.S.: I love your YouTube channel videos and enjoyed watching your 12 August, 2018 video titled "ANOTHER ASOS TRY ON HAUL | EMILY ROSE - YouTube" I love the look of the blue dress with embroidery apart from the buttons not being aligned vertically.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/08/national-underwear-day-2018-panties-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wtf! no one has a 22-inch waste! this just makes people feel so bad about their bodies, about their real measurements! it's awful!

    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. ทดลองเล่นสล็อต pp เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ รูปแบบใหม่ อัพเดทปี2022 มีเกมให้เลือกเล่นเยอะแยะ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น คาสิโนสด pg slot บาคาร่าออนไลน์เกมยิงปลาซึ่งสามารถเล่นผ่านมือถือได้ทุกระบบ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pg slot แตกง่าย เกมแจ็คพอต PG SLOT เป็นอีกหนึ่งต้นแบบเกมทำเงินยอดนิยมเยอะที่สุดในปี 2021 นี้ มีเรื่องราวชักชวนติดตาม และก็มีภาพกราฟิกที่ชัดเจนงดงามสูงที่สุดอีกด้วยเล่นเลย

    ReplyDelete
  7. การเล่นของค่าย pg slot เว็บ PG เว็บเกมที่มีเกมให้ได้ทดลองเล่นฟรี แล้วก็ยังเป็น PG SLOT รูปแบบใหม่ตอนนี้ของปีแตกง่ายแม้มีทุนน้อยก็เล่นได้

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joker123 ทำให้การเล่นเกมส์ออนไลน์ pg slot ของท่านง่ายแล้วก็สบายเพิ่มขึ้น ไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาเดินทาง ไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลารอคอยการฝากเงินอีกต่อไปด้วยการให้บริหารผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ

    ReplyDelete