Saturday 3 September 2016

Goodbye August



Hello everyone, it's that time AGAIN where I tell you all about my month and reflect on things, good and bad. I think this is probably the first time ever, but after looking back in my diary I don't actually think August flew by too fast. Most months seem to be gone before I can even think these days, but I actually feel like I accomplished quite a bit in August and the beginning of it seems like a really long time ago. 

HIGH POINTS - 

UNI WORK/PREP - Over the last month or so, I've been putting a lot of hard work into preparing to apply for University. This was a topic I wasn't going to mention on my YouTube channel or blog incase it doesn't end up happening. But, I am applying to go to Uni next September and hopefully if it all works out, that's how I will spend my life for those following 3 years. I have it all planned in my head, but we all know things don't always go to plan so we shall just have to see what happens. So I've been spending most of my free time writing my personal statement and working on my portfolio. 

WORK - As you will all know, I started a new job last month which I am spending a lot of my time doing. I work 3/4 shifts a week and it is a lot harder than I expected. I do enjoy it even though it's tough and I'm earning quite a bit of money from it which is great. I've been treating myself rather a lot. 

NEW HAIR - I decided to take the plunge and make a change to my hair. I was getting extremely bored of my hair so fancied switching things up a bit. I had a lot chopped off, I also has bleach highlights and then it was toned with a purple/grey colour. It's starting to fade quite a bit now but I love it and I'm super happy with the way it looks. It's good to switch up things every now and again and it's made me feel fresh in a way. It's given me a chance to try out a new style too, which meant a lot of clothes shopping!!! 

MAGAZINE ARTICLE - I recently started working alongside a magazine company called 'House Of Solo.' The magazine is based on fashion and beauty and is a great read so definitely make sure you head over to their website and check out their content. Anyway, long story short I wrote a magazine article for them and they published it! I am super proud of myself and hopefully this could be a long term involvement on my behalf. I'm having a lot of fun coming up with ideas and writing them up, so hopefully you'll see more to come in the future! Check out my article here

MAC MAKE-UP SERVICE - I won't go on about this for too long considering I've already posted a separate blogpost all about my experience but if you didn't already know, I was invited down to my local MAC store to have a complementary make-over and I loved it! It was such a great experience and it's also a great achievement from my point of view. Being asked by MAC to go to their store was such a wonderful feeling! 

August was a pretty great month for me overall and I don't have any negative points I want to discuss in this post, so that's all from me today! 

How was your August? Let me know! 






No comments:

Post a Comment