Wednesday 22 October 2014

Delicious Guilt free cake!


I was watching one of Jim Chapman's daily blogs a few days ago and he made a super healthy, guilt free cake. A banana loaf with hardly any ingredients at all! I decided to give it a go myself.

You will need: 

1 cup plain flour
1 bag of ground almonds
1 bag of pecan nuts (I didn't quite need a whole bag)
1 spoon (roughly) of cinnamon 
5 large bananas
Honey/ maple syrup


1. Start by blending up your pecan nuts as finely as you can to form a powder. I've used my blender which is just like a Nutribullet (but a lot cheaper).


2. mix together your ground almonds and pecans in a bowl.


3. Here's the fun bit! Mash up all of your bananas as much as you possibly can, then mix them in with the nut mixture. 


4. Add roughly 1 cup of flour bit by bit and mix it all together!


5. Then add your cinnamon and honey. I added probably around 2 teaspoons of cinnamon because I love it, and probably the same amount of honey. (you can adapt this to your personal taste). 


6. I lined a loaf tin, added a tiny bit of margarine around the edges and filled it with the mixture! Put your loaf in the oven for roughly 1 hour on a low heat (145 ish). You can check if it's done by inserting a knife into the middle, if it comes out with mixture on it, it needs a little longer!


It's now ready to eat! I'll give it to you, it doesn't look very appetising, in fact it looks horrible, a bit like meat loaf? But it tastes incredible! Honestly, it's so yummy! I can't believe how healthy this is for you, its essentially bananas and nuts. I wish you all luck in trying out this recipe and I hope you love this yummy cake as much as I do.

Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment