Sunday 17 August 2014

Top 5 foundations





I thought i'd write a quick blog post today about my top 5 foundations. These are the foundations that i always reach for when doing my make-up and i know that i can always rely on them! I like a medium coverage foundation, healthy glow to it so here we go...

Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation

Currently, this is my number 1 foundation. It has very good coverage whilst feeling so light and fresh on the skin. I wanted to try this foundation for such a long time after hearing great reviews and my god i'm glad i ventured out and brought it! My shade is 'Soft ivory' which i think is the palest. I tried one shade up from this one and it was way too orangey toned. Another great thing about this foundation is that you honestly need the smallest amount; it goes a very long way, so will last you ages. It gives a slightly matte finish whilst being slightly dewy at the same time, so a perfect combination for me.

Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream 

Now i know this is a BB cream and technically not a foundation but it needed to be in my top 5. This tea tree BB cream definitely is more than any old BB cream. I'm not usually a fan of them because i like quite a bit of coverage but this one has quite a rich consistency and gives a great amount of coverage. This BB cream has tea tree in it too (hence the name) which makes it great for your skin too! So you can have all of the benefits of wearing  foundation whilst knowing its doing your skin wonders.

Bourjois Healthy mix foundation

As you can see (due to the very dirty packaging) this foundation has been well loved for a very long time. Firstly, the smell. Oh my gosh, the smell is incredible, so fruity! I'm genuinely smelling some on the back of hand as I'm writing this haha. 'Hydrated and luminous skin' is how this foundation is described on the bottle and i couldn't put it better myself. My skin gets dry, especially on my cheeks and when i use this foundation i don't have to worry about my skin feeling dry throughout the day, i love it!!

Mac Studio fix fluid 

Again, i can think of lots of great things to say about this foundation. It gives good coverage whilst feeling extremely lightweight on the skin (which i love), but you can also build up this foundation for even more coverage. It has an SPF of 15 which is great for all year round as taking care of your skin and protecting it from the sun is so so important (even in rainy England). This foundation blends so well and you don't end up with any streaks which is obviously something none of us want from a foundation. A lot of people aren't keen on the smell of mac foundations as they have a slight 'paint' aroma about them but I've got used to that now and actually quite like it. So yes, this foundation is high end and slightly pricey but its a great foundation to splurge on!

Maybelline Dream satin liquid 

This was the foundation i used when i first started out wearing makeup. I just think it's such a great drugstore foundation. It's cheap and it does the job! You may be thinking from the picture that the shade i have looks a lot darker than all of the other foundations i have pictured and yes it is, because i mostly use this foundation when i've got a bit of a tan. I don't see the point in buying a very expensive foundation in a darker colour for summer so i've stuck to a drugstore one! But yes, blabbing on...this foundation is great for medium coverage and it gives a lovely dewy finish.

I've linked all of the products in the titles, so if you fancy go and have a look at them!

I would love to know if any of you have any foundation recommendations, so let me know in the comments!

Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment