Friday 5 January 2018

Hello 2018

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything on here and for that, I apologise. I lost all sense of creativity and didn't want to create blog post's for the sake of it, because I'd promised it. So I took a well needed break, and now I'm back in a very different head space with a different vision for this blog. 

I'm not going to make any promises. I want this blog to be a space where I can come when I want to get creative or get anything off my chest. I'm not going to force ideas and content just because I feel as though that's the right thing to do. I want this to all be very natural, and real. So I thought I'd start this new idea of mine with a post all about 2017 and how my mind set is different heading into this fresh, new year...2018. 

I would have probably created a collage with many more photos of the year but unfortunately my phone broke at the end of the year and I managed to loose all of my photos, so here are a few meaningful ones from my Instagram. 



I won't ramble on about everything that happened in 2017 because let's face it...nobody is going to read that, however there are a few important things I should address. 2017 taught me a lot, about other people and myself. I discovered I was capable of so much more than I ever thought and I have a few people to thank for that...my Mum, Dad and sister and of course my beautiful friend Erin, who I haven't known for long but she's honestly my rock. 

For me, 2017 was a year of heartbreak, adventure and new beginnings. I didn't start the year in a great way...everything in my life was a bit all over the place and I didn't feel settled or satisfied. I then found myself in a new job (working at Topshop) which filled a gap, but not quite the right one. I met a lot of great people working there but it didn't make me feel happy. It was just a way of earning a bit of extra money. I decided that enough was enough and I pulled my moping, heartbroken self up off the floor and applied for University. I worked hard and fought for a place on the course of dreams and next thing I knew...I had an unconditional offer! This gave me something to focus on, something to look forward to. 

Summer came around and I found myself (sort of) back at square one. I allowed the person who broke my heart back into my life which was probably a big mistake...but we all make them, and it was my mistake to make. I travelled. I visited Marbella with my sister which to this day was possibly my favourite holiday ever. We sunbathed by the pool day in, day out, sipping cocktails and soaking up the sun. It was a dream. A beautiful place with even more beautiful company, and I'd do anything to go back there again. I was then lucky enough to go on a second summer holiday...this time to Menorca with my boyfriend (at the time).  The holiday was lovely and one I'll always remember. At one point, it made me sad to think about, but not anymore. I'm now in a place where I can reminisce about those memories and just simply feel happy...no more sadness.  

September rolled up pretty quick after my summer (or so it seemed), and the month I'd been waiting for had finally arrived. I packed up my room, said goodbye to my family and moved my little life up to Southampton, and started University. I quickly became friends with my flat mate...Erin. My best friend, my rock, my world. I didn't find University all that easy to start with. I put on a brave face and tried to embrace it as best as I could. After all, freshers week was supposed to be the 'best week of my life', right?  So I tried to believe that and make it happen. It was fun, don't get me wrong, and I made some amazing memories in my first few weeks at Uni, however it was also really really tough. I went through (shock) another heartbreak, by the same guy and I knew that this had to be the last time. It was hard being upset at uni, away from family and friends...the people I would usually talk to about these things. Luckily, I had Erin. The amount of times she saw me cry in the first few weeks of our friendship must be ridiculous, but I was so thankful to have her in my life and she helped me through it! Ever since, University has been incredible. My course is fantastic, I've made a lot of new, great friends and living in a new city and moving away from everything has been the best decision I've ever made! I decided nothing was going to get in the way of making the most out of my uni experience. I've had so much fun and made so many memories in Southampton already and I cannot wait to see what else is in store. I've become a lot more independent and I feel as though I'm finally taking charge of my life and living my teenage years as I should be!

Places I visited in 2017 : Bath, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Cornwall, Leicester, London, Marbella, Menorca and of course, Southampton...my new hometown. 

Songs that remind me of 2017 : Talk too much by COIN, Never letting go by Zac Samuel, You by BLOXX, Sink or swim by Lewis Watson, 26 by Paramore, Tyrant by Jorja Smith, Rum rage by Sticky Fingers, Cherry wine by Hozier, Coming over by James Hersey, Young by The Chainsmokers and Addicted by The Night Cafe. 

All in all 2017 was a year full of up's and down's (as most years are), and I learnt a lot about my strength as a person and I am ever so excited to see where 2018 takes me. 

Emily Rose x

1 comment:

  1. ทดลองเล่นสล็อต pp เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ รูปแบบใหม่ อัพเดทปี2022 มีเกมให้เลือกเล่นเยอะแยะ ไม่ว่าจะเป็น คาสิโนสด pg slot บาคาร่าออนไลน์เกมยิงปลาซึ่งสามารถเล่นผ่านมือถือได้ทุกระบบ

    ReplyDelete