Tuesday 28 June 2016

4 Of My Favourite Books





So, this is rather different to my usual 'beauty or make-up' post, but today I fancied having a little chat with you all about books. I'll admit, I'm not the best reader...I often start a book and never end up finishing it because I get bored or just don't really get stuck into it and I end up giving up (which is rubbish and I need to stop doing that). 

Recently I've been trying to push myself much harder and try to have a book on the go at all times! Again, because I'm not that into reading it can take me some time to work my way through a book because I usually just have other things that are more important to do. However I do enjoy un-winding at the end of the day and reading a couple of chapters of a book before I go to bed, which is what I should be doing this evening, but instead, I'm writing this blogpost. 

I thought I would share with you a couple of my all time favourite books incase are looking for some new ones to read! I have also just realised that all 4 of these books were actually made into films too, so if you're more of a film person feel free to just watch the film instead! 

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - A classic! This was a book a read quite a long time ago. I've actually read it several times which is unusual for me. It's quite likely that you already know the story, but it's a romantic book about a soldier (John) who falls head over heels for a college student (Savannah) whilst home on leave. It teaches strength and hope and will have you laughing and crying (but mostly crying). Such a beautiful book and it will always be one of my favourites. It really portrays just how strong love can be. 

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- Another book I've surprisingly read a couple of times. This book touches on lots of different subjects and really teaches about some of the struggles your teenage years can make you face. Fifteen year old Charlie doesn't find it easy to fit in at school and finds it difficult to make friends. Luckily, he finds a group that take him on under their wing and teach him how to live life instead of just watching it fly by. 

If I Stay by Gayle Forman - I actually watched the film first before reading the book but I absolutely loved both. The story follows one day in the life of Mia, a seventeen year old girl who is in love with playing the cello. She falls in love with Mr Popular at school (Adam) and just as things are looking up for her, something terrible happens and she has to make some huge decisions that her life will depend on. 

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - A mysterious young woman named Katie appears in a small town in North Carolina. She starts spending a lot of time with Alex, a widowed, father of two. They become a huge part of each other's lives and then Adam quickly realises that she is hiding something. So he investigates, and he doesn't like what he finds. 

I really hope you find this post helpful in someway and perhaps you like the sound of a few of these books! Definitely be sure to let me know if you end up reading any of the books on my recommendation, I'd be interested to know! 

Lots of love x


No comments:

Post a Comment