Baking is something I love to do! I wouldn't say I'm the best at it...but I love it! I find it so fun and I like experimenting with new recipes to see if I can find a new favourite. I made Tanya Burr's Triple Chocolate cookies a while back and loved them (here is the recipe/post). I thought I would bake something new today and I've taken a recipe from a book and switched things up a little, so here are the steps for making these delicious Chocolate Brownies...
You will need:
350g Dark Chocolate
250g Unsalted Butter
3 Large Eggs
250g Dark Muscovado Sugar
85g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1. Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees/Gas 3.
2. Butter and like the base of your tin (9in square tin).
3. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of boiling water until it's fully melted and let it cool.
4. Whisk the eggs until pale and then mix in the sugar until thick and glossy.
5. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour and baking powder, gently stir until smooth.
6. Pour into your cake tin and cook in the coven for roughly 30-35 minutes. Test to see if they are done by inserting a wooden cocktail stick into the centre, there should only be a few crumbs sticking to it. The brownies will firm whilst cooling.
7. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour, cut into squares and enjoy!
Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe at home, and tag me in any photos on Instagram or twitter!
Lots of love x