Monday 1 December 2014

The christmas Tag #countdowntochristmas ♡



I am super excited to be writing this blog post! I think I may be a little keen for christmas as it's not even December yet and i'm starting to write my christmas blog posts. So as you know, i'm taking part in  #countdowntochristmas and It's such a wonderful thing to take part in and i'm very excited to share all of the wonderful blog posts with you. 

So this is my first blog post of the series and it's the CHRISTMAS TAG 

1. What's your favourite holiday movie? 

I love christmas movies so much! Obviously they're all amazing in different ways but for me the one that stands out the most has to be Home Alone. I've watched all of them, and love them to bits! It just reminds me of being younger and watching them at christmas time with my family. Also, I think they're that type of film you can watch so many times and you never get bored of them! I also really look forward to watching Love Actually at christmas time, such a feel good, classic movie! 

2. What are your favourite christmas colours? 

Well, i've never really thought about this. I guess christmas is all about the red and the greens, classic christmas colours! But I love greys and silvers around christmas time. If I had my own house to decorate I don't think I would decorate it with classic christmas colours, it would probably be silver, white and grey. Lots of fairy lights and candles are important at christmas too! Not sure what that ha to do with colours haha, i'm blabbing. 

3. Do you like to stay in your pj's or dress up at christmas?

Well, on christmas day i'm all up for dressing up. I think it's always been that way in my family. We have a chilled out morning in our pj's, then head upstairs to get ready and enjoy the day with the rest of our family! I don't dress up over the top, just so I feel comfortable, but I do like to make an effort. Then around 6pm i'll probably throw my pj's back on and chill for the rest of the evening drinking wine and eating turkey sandwiches  (quorn ones for me haha).

4. If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be? 

This is super hard as obviously I have more than one person in my life to buy presents for! I feel like only choosing one person would be unfair and I would feel really mean so I would probably by myself something that I could then share with my whole family on christmas day!! I would have said my mum or dad but I wouldn't be able to choose between them as the both do so much for me.

5. Do you open your presents christmas eve or christmas morning? 

For as long as I can remember my mum and dad usually let me choose one present from under the tree to open on christmas eve! But we then open the rest of our presents on christmas day. Not as early as it used to be when I was younger though, maybe around 8am in the morning now, compared to about 6am when I was little. It's no secret that I still get super excited about the presents and wake up endless times in the night to check outside my door to see if my stocking has been filled! I am almost 18, promise haha.

6. Have you ever built a gingerbread house?

No :( I haven't ever built a gingerbread house which is really sad. I Don't think building gingerbread houses is too big of a tradition in England, perhaps more in America? I'm not actually too sure. But I definitely plan to some point in the future as I am a big fan of gingerbread. 

7. What do you like to do during your christmas holidays? 

Well this year in the christmas holidays i'm probably going to be filming lots of videos (hopefully) and writing lots of blog posts. I would love to do some christmas baking! Just spend some time with my family and get in the christmas spirit!! I am also really looking forward to decorating our house and putting up our tree.

8. Any christmas wishes? 

This christmas I wish that everyone appreciates what they have and have a lovely time. Although christmas is generally a happy time for most people, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to spend time with all of their loved ones. Christmas is about being happy, but it's also about remembering and appreciating what we do have in our lives. So I wish that everyone reading this has a lovely christmas and enjoy every last second of it.

9. Favourite christmas smell? 

I don't really know about this one. I can't specifically think of any typical 'christmas' smells. But I love the smell of gingerbread and warm cinnamon around christmas time. I also have 2 yankee candles called 'snowflake cookie' and 'cranberry ice' which I absolutely love. 

10. Favourite christmas meal or treat? 

Everyone is probably going to say their favourite christmas meal is christmas dinner but i'm a bit weird because I don't actually like christmas dinner. I've never really liked roast dinners (practically the same as christmas dinner) and considering I've been a vegetarian for around 3 years now, it makes it even harder to like a meal which is based around turkey and pigs in blankets. I don't like christmas pudding or mince pies either aha so i'm not easily pleased at christmas time. Oo I know what I like, christmas yule log! Yummy. 


Thanks for reading my first blogpost from the series #countdowntochristmas!!

Emily 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I'm not keen on Christmas pudding either x

    ReplyDelete