Tuesday 27 September 2016

UPDATE | My YouTube Channel


I fancied having a little catch up with you today as I felt like a few things need to be said concerning my YouTube channel. It's very frustrating as a creator when you're struggling to come up with ideas. I usually find it okay thinking up video ideas, however I do often feel like my channel becomes a bit pretentious and slightly boring. I don't want to just be 'another YouTuber' uploading the same old videos and sometimes when I'm struggling to come up with creative ideas, I'll admit, I do fall back on 'easy to film videos'. I don't want my channel and/or blog to be like that. I want to forever be pushing myself and make myself work hard in order to take pride in what I love to do.

As well as pushing my limits and making sure my content is great, I also want my YouTube channel to feel a lot more personal. I want you guys to get to know me and have an insight into my life. So...I've decided that I am going to try and upload a lot more vlogs. I mean daily vlogs. Weekly vlogs. Whatever I fancy really. I've vlogged a lot more than usual lately and I've absolutely loved it. I love the freedom and I enjoy getting super creative with them too. They're personal for me and I love being able to watch them back. I watch a lot of vlogs myself and I definitely think they make a YouTube channel stand out. So that is something that will be happening on my channel. A lot more vlogs!

I'm only going to briefly touch on this considering I am still undecided. As much as I love making content for you all (and let's face it, my YouTube channel and written blog mean the absolute world to me), I do struggle sometimes and I think I often put a bit too much pressure on myself to stick to my schedule when actually sometimes, the ideas just aren't flowing and that is when I end up making content that I am not 100% happy with. So in the future I may consider scrapping my schedule and taking it back to just uploading when I'm happy with a piece of work I've created, or simply when I've got the time to. Don't worry, I will give you all plenty of warning if I do decide to do this.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave them below for me! I feel so much happier now I've shared this with you all and got it off my chest.

Change is good.





4 comments:

  1. You're one of those YouTubers I have watched for over a year and continue to watch every video. My favourite videos of yours are always your more chatty ones (including your vlogs)! I hope you start to feel more inspired again soon :) <3

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really lovely of you, thank you! Means a lot xxx

      Delete
  2. Please do more lifestyle/chilled back vlog type of videos as they are my favourite! Could you maybe do a "what I eat in a day" video or recipies? Love your channel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the chatty type of vlogs as well! Keep up what you are doing please! I really do enjoy watching your channel and hope that you continue making content that you upload for your viewers! It must be tough to continually think of new and fresh ideas to put out there, but you find a way!

    Arnette Rivers @ Choice TV

    ReplyDelete