Sunday 2 March 2014

MAC haul shinanigans















I do sincerely apologise for my lack of blog posts and videos recently ( i know i'm so rubbish). I recently uploaded a 'MAC haul' on my youtube channel which if you haven't already checked out i will link at the end of this post. So instead of blabbing on, i will just get on with things. 

I thought that i would do a blog post on all of the things i brought from MAC as i can now give some of my opinions on the products as I've had long enough to test them out.

Studio fix fluid foundation:  My shade in mac for foundation is NW13. The first thing i noticed about this foundation which i think a lot of people do is the smell. It smells like paint basically. But the smell fortunately does disappear within a few minutes so isn't really an issue. I find that the foundation is really easy to blend and matches my skin perfectly. It has a medium coverage so can be built up to create a flawless look. I have noticed that my skin looks a lot more oily when i am wearing the foundation. Nothing a bit of powder can't fix for me, but i don't think i would recommend this to somebody with oily skin already. I also find that the foundation doesn't really stay on for that long throughout the day, but i guess a lot of MAC make up is designed for photoshoots where the make-up will be worn for no longer than an hour or so.  I am enjoying using this foundation and come on lets face it, you're going to feel awesome whipping out your mac foundation ;) But in all honesty, i don't really notice much of a different compared to my favourite drug store foundation (Bourjois healthy mix). I would like to try the 'Pro long wear foundation' though as well to see if i notice much of a difference from that. 

Mineralize skin finish: I purchased this is the shade light as i am very fair skinned. I don't really think there is that much to say about this product to be honest with you. I use it to set my make-up and also reapply over my make up during the day if my skin is looking a bit oily/shiny. It does the job, gets rid of any shine and makes your face feel super soft. Love love love. 

Mineralize skin finish:  I then brought another mineralize skin finish (oops) in the shade 'soft and gentle'. I have completely fallen in love with this product. it is such a beautiful shade and compliments many different skin types. I use this to highlight my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. It gives an amazing flush of colour and looks really nice when used alongside a bronzer. I cannot wait until i go on holiday in the summer and i can use this in the evenings to give me a nice bronzy, shimmery look!

Mineralize concealer: My shade in concealers from MAC is NC15. I will be honest, i haven't used this concealer very many times as it is slightly too dark for my skin tone. I find that if i try and cover spots or blemishes with it, it just draws attention to it. I then tried using it under my eyes, but that didn't work either, so i guess i need to have a bit more of a play around with this product until i find a way that works for me. 

Lipstick in 'Modesty':  Firstly, i apologise for the awful quality of the photo. I don't ever tend to buy lipsticks in nude/pinky shades, i prefer the darker vampy reds etc. But i thought i would try something a little out of my comfort zone and i really really love this shade! It's a lovely colour that doesn't come out too pale or too dark. For a better picture of the colour, check out my instagram (emilyroselol). This lipstick has a cremesheen so has a gorgeous finish to the lips. I would say it's especially good for someone with dryer lips as its very nourishing and moisturising. 

Eyeshadow in 'Brun': Lastly i brought this eyeshadow and a chocolaty shade of brown. I brought this to use on my eyebrows and have been loving it so far! I am so so fussy about what i use on my eyebrows as i always worry about them being orangey toned (not that i have a problem with orangey eyebrows i just personally prefer a more ashy colour on mine). This is the perfect colour for me! It might look quite dark in the pot and some of you are probably thinking that no way should a blonde haired person have eyebrows that dark, but honestly, it doesn't come out dark at all if you use it sparingly. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away :) 

Emily 














No comments:

Post a Comment