Tuesday 17 May 2016

My Concealer Secrets | Inspired By Into The Gloss



 I'm going to be revealing all of my 'Concealer Secrets' in today's post after feeling a huge splurge of inspiration from reading a post dedicated to concealers over on Into The Gloss. I was recently chatting to the lovely team at Into The Gloss and they basically introduced me to their website and I'm so glad they did! If you've not heard of it before, definitely make sure you head over and had a read, not until you've finished reading this one of course! It's a great 'all things beauty' website full of interesting articles, interviews and make-up hints and tips!

Concealer can be used in so many different ways and being a beauty blogger myself, I try out a lot of different ones from drugstore to high end and I've definitely discovered my favourites (and least favourites) along the way which I'm going to share with you.

My all time favourite concealer has to be the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I use the lightest shade 01 and use it as a cover up concealer. The consistency is perfect and it gives great coverage so I always reach for this if a blemish appears on my face or to cover any redness. It's super inexpensive and you can pick it up from the drugstore.

Sometimes, it can be pretty tricky colour matching a concealer for yourself whilst your in a shop so either ask for help if there's some available, or test a little of the concealer along your jawline and go for the one that you can hardly see (the one that blends in best with your skin tone). If you're looking for a lightening concealer to go under your eyes, this is a lot easier! Just go for a couple of shades lighter than you're natural skin tone and that will give you the perfect brightening concealer. There's nothing worse than going home and realising you've bought the complete wrong shade!

Another favourite concealer of mine would have to be the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer. I use this every single day underneath my eyes to brighten. The concealer itself doesn't really give any coverage however it's great at brightening! I usually apply this concealer in a triangle shape underneath my eye and then dab it into my skin gently using a damp beauty blender.

My last tip when it comes to concealer is setting! Setting your concealer whether that be under the eyes or anywhere else on the face, is so important. I just use any old translucent, lightweight powder that isn't going to look too heavy. You just need it to set the concealer so that it's not going to budge or crease. Recently I've been loving using the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder and I  usually apply it with a Real Techniques Setting Brush!

What are your concealer secrets?

Lots of love x




1 comment:

  1. ive been loving the nyx concealer recently, its like the collection one just a little lighter xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete